POSITION: Project Manager
TYPE: Exempt (salary)
LOCATION: Norco, CA
This employee is accountable for the management of multiple projects by accounting for all costs and deadlines associated with each project. Project management is required from award of the project through its completion. The Project Manager develops new business and grows repeat business through relationships they cultivate. This employee-owner will travel if necessary to customer sites to work with the client and their field personnel in an effort to address any issues or for obtaining field dimensions for the project.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Preferred: Experience project managing within industry of WB Powell; formal education beyond high school
- Critical: Must possess extensive and current knowledge of product, pricing options and product applications, along with understanding application and modification capabilities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills along with being a self-motivated problem solver
- Must possess ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects ranging from $500k to $2.5million
- Proficiencies in reading architectural/interior design/construction drawings
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the construction industry/ job site operations along with competency in interior finish construction tools and equipment
- Strong ability to monitor and coordinate delivery, assembly, installation, and/or construction activities, ensure site measurements are accurate, understand cost impacts of labor efforts then identify and manage the scope of projects
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to “read” the personality of the customer and be alert and inquisitive to identify customer needs
- Professional demeanor who stays well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times in a demanding, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of personal computers and office machinery. Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word; capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) systems
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance
- The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Corona, CA area to service this location.
- Travel: 50% among vendors and customer sites as necessary