POSITION: Payroll / Administrative Assistant
TYPE: Non-exempt (Hourly)
LOCATION: Norco, CA
The Payroll/Administrative Assistant performs tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records. This position is responsible for checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records. As well, the employee-owner will co-administer the benefits function and worker’s compensation for the company in compliance with federal regulations, state regulations and company policy.
- Education: Formal education (i.e. 2 year degree) beyond high school or comparable work experience is preferred as background for this position.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentially in handling payroll items on a daily basis.
- Professional demeanor who stays well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times in a demanding, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at one time.
- Go-getter personality who has the ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analysis skills required accompanied with a persona of a high character teammate.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Demonstrable experience with PCs; must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Co. enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Epicor Vantage is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that meets the needs of progressive make-to-order and mixed-mode manufacturing companies.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy.
- Have the ability to make decisions on basic tasks and ask for help or guidance when needed.
- The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Norco, CA area to service this location.